HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

Gypsy rose and her life out of prison.

On the day December 28th 2023, the woman named Gypsy Rose Blanchard was Released from the Chillicothe Correctional Center in Chillicothe, Missouri. The days following up to her release seemed to have people all over social media ready to both support and see how her life outside of prison would finally be like. Gypsy had already married a man by the name Ryan Anderson back in July of 2022. So on the day of her release her husband Ryan was already outside and ready to drive Gypsy home. The day Ryan picked up Gypsy was their first time ever meeting each other in real life. Even when they were married they’ve never seen eachother in real life,  since they had gotten a prison marriage while gypsy was serving her time. Meaning it was mostly all just paperwork.

But Once gypsy had gotten released, the very next day videos of Gypsy and Ryan began to surface on social media of the two going shopping and a popular picture became popular of a mirror selfie of gypsy from her new Instagram account. People were going head over heels for Gypsy and supporting her in any and all ways on social media platforms. People started to comment encouraging and endearing words to gypsy on all of her social media posts and people became really invested with interviews that gypsy was starring in. But as of recently it seems gypsy’s fame is starting to go down now that people have been seeing her all over the place. Some people are even making social media posts talking about how gypsy isn’t really “truly sane” just as of yet or that she’s just saying things that the people want her to say  to keep the interviewees and journalists writing and talking about her. 

But one thing that a lot of people are starting to agree on is that gypsy isn’t truly ready for the situation that she’s in. she had been in prison for so many years for the murder of her mother but then right after she comes out she’s a big star with cameras all around her? People are now starting to realize that gypsy shouldn’t be a star for killing her mother (even though gypsy was in an abusive relationship with DEDE) and that she probably isn’t mentally sane just as of yet for these cameras and fame to be all about her.  

But what do you personally think about Gypsy’s situation?