HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

Omegle officially shut down.

Have you heard the news? The famous website Omegle has officially shut down, and now fans of this fun website are in disbelief. Omegle was a fun website where you could safely talk to strangers from the comfort of your home. But even though it was marketed as “safe” and “appropriate for all ages” there were still some issues with the website. 

Because the website did not have any filters and randomly paired strangers to talk, kids and adults of all ages could get inappropriate content at any time because of this randomizer. And just for this reason, the website was shut down. 

You see, after 14 successful years, Omegle announced it was going to shut down for good. This news was announced soon after Omegle got sued by a woman accusing her of being randomly paired with her predator. 

But many things have happened on that website, both good and bad. But it seems since this woman brought her experience to light and sued Omegle over it, they just had to shut the website down. 

Many social media influencers for instance YouTubers, used Omegle to do meet and greets online with their fans. Now that they can no longer do this, what do you think they might use next?