HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

The story of Gypsy Rose

Have you heard? The woman who goes by the name Gypsy Rose is supposed to be released from prison on Dec 28 2023. Gypsy Rose was first put into prison in June of 2015, along with her boyfriend Nicholas Godejohn. Both had been put in prison for the second-degree murder of Gypsy’s mom, Clauddinnea. They murdered Gypsy’s mom because both Gypsy and Nicholas had found out that Clauddinnea had been inducing illnesses into Gypsy all for the dream of being a caretaker. However experts seem to believe that Clauddinnea actually had a mental disorder named Munchausen Syndrome and this was maybe a big factor in her behavior towards Gypsy. And would you believe it that Gypsy once said that she liked prison because it gave her more freedom than staying with her mother? Gypsy has been living a better life in prison without the worries of what she can or cannot eat and having the freedom to walk on her own without the help of any walking assistance. 

But after reading this, what do you think? Is Gypsy Rose innocent or guilty of the murder of her mother?