HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Hillcrest CCR Week

You might be wondering, what is CCR, how do you obtain CCR and why is it important. Well, CCR stands for College and Career Ready. CCR was put into action in 2021 and has been in effect since, it’s just becoming more of a needed thing for students to have.

CCR prepares students for College and/or Careers out of high school. That’s why during the week of 25-29 of September 2023, there had been different booths set up in the commons during all lunches. 

These booths were to interest students in different classes/centers that could help students receive their CCRs.

There are many ways to obtain CCR like for instance taking the SAT or ACT, Attending Golden Strip or Career Center for 2 years or more, or even taking early college course classes. Like English 101 or 102.

If you have not received your CCR by your senior year, you could miss out on a lot of things. For instance, receiving a parking pass or maybe even having difficulty graduating. 

If you’re interested in CCR, be sure to talk to your counselor for more information.