HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

What’s the Best Way to Brush Your Teeth?

What activity does your morning and night routine have in common? Hopefully, it’s brushing your teeth. However, before you start brushing, would you put your toothpaste on or wet your toothbrush first? When should you wet your toothbrush before brushing your teeth anyways? The best time is before applying toothpaste. Wetting your toothbrush first softens the bristles enough to give them more movement for when you put toothpaste on, allowing the toothpaste to really melt and seep into the bristles before you brush. This helps even out the toothpaste distribution without making a soupy, runny mess before you even start brushing. Wetting your toothbrush before using toothpaste also helps prevent the problem of your toothpaste falling off into the sink pre-brush. When you wet your brush before the toothpaste goes on, your toothpaste is also less diluted. Wetting your toothpaste waters it down, and makes it more watery while brushing than wetting your brush first. Even though wetting your toothpaste and toothbrush may make it easier to get toothpaste on all your teeth, you end up spitting quicker and not getting the toothpaste’s full potential. Wetting your toothbrush before using toothpaste is the cleanest and most effective way to brush your teeth by far.

View Comments (1)