Head to Sully’s and Experience the Steam!

Jake+Reinstein+displays+the+variety+of+steamed+bagels+as+Sully%E2%80%99s+Steamers+

Lariel Reategui

Jake Reinstein displays the variety of steamed bagels as Sully’s Steamers

Lariel Reategui, Staff Reporter

Most people when they think of “Griswold” they think of the 1980’s movie National Lampoon Vacation. But what you do not know is that here in Simpsonville that is the most popular sandwich at the outstanding, family owned business Sully’s Steamers. Usually when people want to eat bagels they think about air frying, baking, boiling or toasting the bagel but never steaming a bagel. At Sully’s Steamers, they are known to be a steamed bagel sandwich company. Originally located in Downtown Greenville, Jake Reinstein decided to expand the family business in order to bring Downtown Simpsonville a delightful steamed bagel. According to Jake Reinstein, “My uncle started the original location in Downtown Greenville 9 years ago and so I worked there throughout high school and really enjoyed it and then went off to college and then afterwards decided to come back to work in the Downtown Greenville one for a couple of years and then tried to help grow the business in the right way that I could and we found that Simpsonville was the right spot to open up my own and so it’s just something that is in the family that I enjoy being apart of having a family business and also it’s a way for me be able to kind of have a balance of the business life, entrepreneur side, and also still be able to serve customers on the forefront and the foreground of it as well.” They found the location in Downtown Simpsonville last April of 2021, and took them until February of the same year to actually get it open, relying on regulars and natives in the surrounding area to keep it successful. It is really a convenience for those living in Simpsonville so they do not have to go all the way to Downtown Greenville in order to get a delicious meal. Sully’s Steamers have indeed donated a lot to multiple charities including the Cancer Foundation, or in local schools by donating gift cards for teachers. They believe it is important to give back to the community as much as possible. Not planning on branching out into something different, Jake Reinstein does plan to continue the griff, whether it is by opening other locations of Sully’s or doing something on the corporate side. They currently have 5 open locations. The current 5 locations reside in Downtown Greenville, Clemson, Brevard, North Carolina, Simpsonville, and Mauldin. New locations will be opening up in Spartanburg, Columbia and Charlotte, North Carolina. Simpsonville being a smaller scale location, Sully’s Steamers brings a fantastic and unique taste into the growing downtown neighborhood. Their busiest hours are between 11 to about 1:30 or 2 o’clock, the 12 o’clock hour is the busiest usually and that’s pretty consistent throughout each day. If you ever need a quick and appetizing, perfectly messy bagel, stop at Sully’s Steamers!