HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

New Beatles Song After 60 Years

Are you a big fan of the Beatles? Then you’ve probably been hearing all the commotion about one of their latest songs named “Now And Then”. 

You see, the Beatles first debuted back in 1960 and they were really successful. The Beatles consisted of four members John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. 

Later in their career, Lennon would be murdered in 1980 and Harrison would die from lung cancer in 2001. Meaning that Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are the only ones still alive to this day. But as of 2023 (60 years after the last song they released), the Beatles had released a new song. But what had everyone confused was how they released a new song. Since there are only 2 members alive how could the Beatles possibly release a new song? 

Well, they used AI-backed audio restoration technology to get the voice of Lennon into this new song. Isn’t that just neat? They literally used AI to get a voice like Lennons for this new song, but that’s not all. 

You see, Harrison had already recorded guitar tracks when the band tinkered with this exact song back in 1995, so Harrisons work also got incorporated into this newest Beatles song.  But McCartney also played a guitar solo in this newest song to reminiscent of the sunny slide style that Harrison developed during his solo career. 

So even though John Lennon and George Harrison might’ve not been in the recording studio with Ringo Starr or Paul McCartney, They were truly glued to their hearts. They found a way to release a song in 2023 using both past and present utensils while keeping their forever bandmates in mind.

That truly is beautiful.