HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

Donald Trump Mugshot and the Republican Party Debate

Republican Debate aired on Fox News

Following an arrest in Atlanta, Georgia, former President Donald Trump’s mugshot was released by Fulton County Jail. Although Trump is the first former President to face criminal charges, he has been able to turn his mugshot into a marketing strategy towards his campaign for the 2024 Presidential Election. Due to Trump’s lead as the Republican candidate for the election, he did not attend the first Republican Primary Debate for the 2024 election that was held on August 23. However, a prerecorded interview featuring Trump aired on X, formerly known as Twitter, just minutes before the debate went live. When those in attendance of the debate were questioned regarding Trump’s false election claims they stood against him, but when later asked if they would still support the former President if he were to be convicted, most raised their hands in agreement. Naturally, all Republican candidates were quick to voice their resent of abortions but there was a divide when Nikki Haley called on her opponents to be honest with voters that a federal abortion ban would likely never be passed through Congress. The next Republican Debate is set to broadcast on September 27.