HHS Rampage

The Student News Site of Hillcrest High School

HHS Rampage

HHS Rampage

Divine Rivals
Divine Rivals
April 30, 2024
Elementary Nostalgia
Elementary Nostalgia
April 29, 2024

Hillcrest Band Sends Several Members to Honors Clinics

Hillcrest Band members had the opportunity to try out for several clinics in January. All County, Region, and All State. This past Saturday, several band members played at the Region 1 clinic, making a spot in the band after auditioning last month. Students had to audition along with several other schools in the region. Hillcrest band members made places in all 3 high school bands, including the Senior band (juniors and seniors), Clinic band (freshmen and sophomores), and Alternate band (freshmen, sophomores, juniors, AND seniors, who still did well but placed slightly lower than the Senior and Clinic band members). These students performed at Furman’s McAllister Auditorium. 

This upcoming Friday, February 23, several of those same students are participating in the All County clinic, which combines all high school levels to create two bands: The Symphonic Band (all high school students) and the Wind Ensemble (all high school students who placed the highest in their instruments) and is made of students who go to schools in Greenville County. The performance will take place at Riverside High. 

And coming up in March, again taking place at Furman University, is the All State clinic. Students who did well at the Region audition were invited to audition for the All State band, along with several others state-wide. Four of our band students made the All State band and are ready and practicing for the clinic.